Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been looking at the net shopping for points. There seems to be a lot more Left Hand points then Right hand points available. Common sense would suggest that a manufacturer would make an even number of Left and Right points. I have never replaced one set of points with out doing both. Can anyone suggest a reason for there being more of one side than the other?:confused:
Also notice that the number of manufactures are decreasing, perhaps we should all stock up?

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
No idea, but they are becoming harder to find.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
I have just been looking at the net shopping for points. There seems to be a lot more Left Hand points then Right hand points available. Common sense would suggest that a manufacturer would make an even number of Left and Right points. I have never replaced one set of points with out doing both. Can anyone suggest a reason for there being more of one side than the other?:confused:
Also notice that the number of manufactures are decreasing, perhaps we should all stock up?
Some motorcycles use the same points but only one set, so it is likely that the left hand are used on more models/brands

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some motorcycles use the same points but only one set, so it is likely that the left hand are used on more models/brands

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

That makes perfect sense Richard, should have thought of it my self! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Daichi have ceased production of points.
not sure where I'll turn to but
perhaps its time to think about an
electronic system.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Daichi have ceased production of points.
not sure where I'll turn to but
perhaps its time to think about an
electronic system.

ELECTRONIC SYSTEM! wash your mouth out ctrider.

Will stock up on a few sets of Daiichi, they seem to be the best of what is still available.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Say what?!
Really?
Where did you see this?
I e-mailed siriusconsolidated where I usually get them and they told me.
My Honda dealer said he could no longer get them either.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
ELECTRONIC SYSTEM! wash your mouth out ctrider.

Will stock up on a few sets of Daiichi, they seem to be the best of what is still available.
LOL. Yeah I know, I feel the same way.

·
Registered
101 Posts
David Silver Spares has them.

Original £12.50
Repro £7.95

1 - 10 of 10 Posts