Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my '74 CB360, I have seen the cover in YELLOW BOX, three diffrent ways. (1)-Black, (2)-Polished and (3)-Bare metal. What should the color be so it OEM period correct? Here's my thoughts. It look like it should be a bare metal look, but on the back side of the cover it looks like black paint has flaked off. So, I'm not too sure. Also I have been looking on the web at '74 CB360 and it seems kinda splite. I'm here to ask the experts!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I did mine in red but i'm thinking of polishing it. The stock color is black.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Stock is black, at least on the '76 that I had.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info so far. Now should I go gloss or flat black?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found some high-temp engine enamel in "Ford" Semi-gloss. May go with that :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another question for the poisher here on the forum. What kind of metal am I dealing with on the ignition cover? And what is the best way to polish the cover? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 360's are aluminum.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info guys, I started to rough sand the cover for paint, then at the last minute I decided to go with a polished look. :cool: So, after wet sanding up to 1200 grit and and two coats and buffing of aluminum polish I was happy with the results. Here's a couple of pics before I install the cover this weekend. Enjoy :D Next Project Polished Generator Cover!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I was replacing my polished ignition cover tonight I noticed that I was missing(IN BLUE BOX) the part/plug/dust plug? I'm not too sure what it is? Is it critical? The opposite one to the right is still intact. I ran my finger around the sleave that is open, and there was a little oily residue. Does anybody have the Honda part number or the actual name of this part so I can order a new one ASAP. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
104 Posts
My manual calls it a rubber plug. I have some used ones that are in good shape. I would be more than willing to give you one if you email me your address.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Berb said:
My manual calls it a rubber plug. I have some used ones that are in good shape. I would be more than willing to give you one if you email me your address.
You have an email sir :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry about that. It is [email protected] I just went out the the shop and found that I have 2 of them. They are both are in good shape. I would like to keep one for a spare but you are very welcome to have the other.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mike, I hope that you got the the rubber plug that I sent you. If not let me know. Where are you at with the bike?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Berb said:
Mike, I hope that you got the the rubber plug that I sent you. If not let me know. Where are you at with the bike?
Ben, hope you recieved my PM to you. The plug fits nice and snug, kinda makes me want to replace the other one now(not as tight). I just recived my NOS ignition cover gasket. All back together and running great. I'll try to get some current pics for you guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did get the pm, Mike. I am glad to hear that it fit. I am even mor gglad to hear that it is back together, running well, and you are enjoying it. That is great. I would like to see some pics sometime.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It seems that no matter how well I try to type on the Blackberry, it always makes me look like I can't spell. Oh well.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Berb...Next time you are at the computer, you CAN edit the spelling errors if you wish..... :D Steve

·
Registered
104 Posts
66Sprint said:
Berb...Next time you are at the computer, you CAN edit the spelling errors if you wish..... :D Steve
That is a good point Steve. I just need to get off my "crack" berry and sit at the computer. Always on the move or in the shop, thought. This thing is just too handy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts