Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have nearly completed my scramblification of a 82 CM400T. I did something stupid so I need a new coil. Have trawled the aftermarket ones but no-one is close to the resistance specifications mentioned here in the forum. Primary 0.33-0.55 ohms and Secondary 7.3-8.8K ohms. Have thought about doing the GM mod also.

Can any of you confirm that those specifications are correct?

Sorry to doubt the experience and expertise in here but there is no mentioning of this in my factory service manual so I just want to make sure.

Currently scanning for used ones..

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Appreciate the quick response.

Do you know if this is available in Europe also, shipping and delivery time seems to be 14-20 days to the Netherlands...

This one is also twice the factory specification ohms on the secondary, would that be a problem?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
4into1 does ship internationally.

https://4into1.com/shipping-policy/

International
USPS First Class International: 7-45 Days - Varies by destination*
USPS Priority Mail International: 6-15 Days to many major markets*
USPS Priority Mail Express International: 3-10 Days to many major markets*
UPS Standard to Canada: 7-14 Business Days*
DHL Express Worldwide: 3-10 Business Days*

As far as the resistance is concerned, they should be fine as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again, yes quite expensive. $40-60 and up depending on delivey time + taxes. Placed the order this morning. I think I found a way to make it faster and cheaper than expected, time will show if I am getting away with 29$ in total.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
It takes a bit of searching but the coil specs are hidden in the Electrical section of the Honda FSM, doubt it's in any aftermarket manuals. The 4 into 1 coil should be fine, a little higher in Primary resistance than I'd like to see but close enough

1 - 8 of 8 Posts