Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Errybody, Can anyone point me towards a link or thread that can walk me through how to install the ignition coil? It seems like I'd just strip the ends of the wire and connect that cap but this will be a first for me so I'd like a bit more instruction. Thanks

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Usually, there is NO NEED to "strip" any of the wires...... Phone me @ 540-525-5199....Steve

·
Registered
182 Posts
You should normally just unscrew the two wires that connect to it (keep the order straight), and then pull the spark plug wires and boots from the spark plugs. Unbolt the coil and pop in the new one and reverse steps.
Are you implying your replacement coil does not have spark plug wires and boots attached to it?
On my Kawasaki at least you could unscrew those leads and replace them with new spark plug wires. Been told that you can't do that on at least some if not all of the old Hondas, so I don't know there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
350:

I'm in Landisville if you need some assistance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a replacement set from online at Common Motor Collective I believe. The ignition coil was separate from the caps that connect to the plugs. on the end of the cap that connects to the wire, it looks like a screw inside the cap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Curmudgeon It would be great to get some assistance. This is my first motorcycle and first mechanical endeavor. I learn much better by someone showing me in person rather than reading. If you wouldn't mind, send me your phone number and I can get in touch with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts