Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify the manufacturer of this reg/rec unit? This was installed by a PO on my 1975 CB200T. Bike works fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
And if true, that means they paid too much money... (sorry Renegade :) ) the Sparck Moto unit is much less money and works just as well
Agreed, Tom! I wish I had bought the Sparck Moto one for several reasons (cheaper, he's a member/supporter of this site, and easier to get assistance if needed). That being said, it regulates and rectifies so it's not all bad :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gents. I’m replacing it with a Sparck Moto that I bought last week. Now I have to figure out the wiring. It would have been easier if everything was original. Oh well. Fun times ahead.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a Sparck unit and love it but why replace the one you have now if it works? Other than the fact that you spent money on it?
Fair question. For less than $40 and one hour estimated installation time, I will know the install date of the new reg/rec, learn more about my bike and not have to guess the age of the old reg/rec in case I have electrical issues down the road. Minor benefit is that the Sparck is a bit easier to install and takes up less space.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts