Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the model this fits.Its marked up with a 268 number which denotes CB72.I've only ever seen the plain black ones.Did early models have this white line across or am I missing something.Regards Chris

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Chris, The shape generally says CB 72/77, but I've never seen one with the line, they usually have the oval "HONDA" logo, Occaisionally just the "HM" script...Perhaps it's a "domestic" part, rather than "exported"..... I wouldn't mind having that though, the plastic to rod is where mine always go "bad"....Wherever did you aquire it?....Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve,Don't know if youv'e seen all my other post re spares from the 60's but it was amongst all that stuff.It has a handwritten label on it 53740-268-816.The first two sets of numbers relate to a damper for a cb72 but the 816?
You wouldn't believe what I'm finding in all these spares but if you search EBay UK under
seller SAXBY2 you'll see what I mean.
The white line is in a recess which extends about three quarters of the way across the knob and as these all came from a guy who had been doing hondas from the 60's I'm pretty sure it would have been an original honda part.
Out of the first 6 pages of honda model numbers on the cms site I have bits to fit over 170 different models between 001 and 551 so this is going to be a long process.Regards Chris.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
A bunch of "steering" parts on a bunch of models all have a 268 code, like races, etc.
Lots of shared parts.
So it could be from almost any model.......
And would probably work fine on many models.

If I type in "SAXBY2" in EBay, I get nothing - ????

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill go on ebay.co.uk. Hit advanced search on right hand side of normal search item box.Then on next page hit search by seller.Then type Saxby2 in box and search.Regards Chris

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Dang! Only one item so far for a CB450 and nothing for a CB or CL 350

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Chris, ....That damper rod would be perfect to use on my 90cc project IF the rod is 10 &1/2" or longer...You wouldn't want to part with it would you?.... :D Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike,Keep looking.With thousands of parts to list there may be some there but theres no way of telling yet. I've just had a quick look and found a 455 part.Eventually I hope to get numbers in some sort of order but there are parts there I've just found a 455 one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve hanging onto it for now as I'm intrigued.Will try to find out more from source of spares & keep you posted. Rgards Chris

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now been told by owner not to sell it and that it was part of an original race kit for a CB72.Also I've got two of the original clip on bars but unfortunatley there both right hand :cry: :cry: 53100-268-811 so if anybodys got two left :D :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like a dampener rod. The end that you don't show is threaded. The top part is plastic. The bottom screws into a nut and a couple of little metal washerlike things that provide friction. The handle feels like plastic but it may be bakalite. I broke mine taking it off.

I should say my bike is a 69 450.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts