Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting the cylinder head covers back on. Oh wow, there are two different length bolts here. I have the front on and I have 3 short and 5 long ones left to put the rear cover on. Now if had been 4 and 4 I would have been more comfortable with that. And to tell the truth I'm not positive of short and long positions on the front. I'm guessing I must have a long in where a short one goes in the front. The two diagrams I have to look at do not show what length go where nor does the FSM I have downloaded. If anyone remembers where the short and long go could you please let me know. Thanks, I think I will call this project, One step forwards and two steps back, seems fitting.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Long ones usually go where the dowel pins are. And all lengths bolts usually thread in the same distance as long as they are the same diameter.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well after closer inspection it looks like all short bolts go in the rear cover. So I removed one at a time and exchanged long one for the short ones I had in there. All is good, I think.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that J-T, I don't know how it happened but one of the bolts is shorter by about 1/8" than the others. I guess I'll put it up top and just snug it. I'm using Versa-Chem prime seal gasket sealant, says it's a non-hardening type 3 aviation sealant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts