Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a 1967 Honda CB160 that is almost ready to be on the road. The only problem is I don't know some of the hose connections and I really need help cause nobody can find out where they go. This is my very first project motorcycle by the way.

fuel tank valve.jpg

I need to know what that is on the right side of my tank. I don't know what it is and I need to know where it goes to.

underneath carbs.jpg

Also what are these lines on the bottom of my carburetor and where do they go? I cant seem to find a clear answer.

are these fuel lines.jpg

Just to make sure are these the fuel lines? I think they are but I want to be certain.

breather valve.jpg

Last but not least I know this is a cylinder breather valve. But where dose it connect to? I cant find out where the hose is supposed too connect too for the life of me.

Please someone answer my question on what these all are and most importantly, where do they go and connect to? all help is very appreciated.

Thank you so much

·
Registered
208 Posts
If Steve didn't set you straight (almost an impossibility), PM me and I'll work you through the hoses.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm working on a 1967 Honda CB160 that is almost ready to be on the road. The only problem is I don't know some of the hose connections and I really need help cause nobody can find out where they go. This is my very first project motorcycle by the way.

View attachment 280774

I need to know what that is on the right side of my tank. I don't know what it is and I need to know where it goes to.

View attachment 280776

Also what are these lines on the bottom of my carburetor and where do they go? I cant seem to find a clear answer.

View attachment 280778

Just to make sure are these the fuel lines? I think they are but I want to be certain.

View attachment 280780

Last but not least I know this is a cylinder breather valve. But where dose it connect to? I cant find out where the hose is supposed too connect too for the life of me.

Please someone answer my question on what these all are and most importantly, where do they go and connect to? all help is very appreciated.

Thank you so much

1) This is nozzle for fuel tank tube. It should be connected to the right side of the tank to balance fuel level in tank
2) These are fuel carb overflow pipes
3) These are fuel inlet to supply fuel from tank to carb from petcock
4) This is oil breather nozzle. I have rubber tube on this nozzle.

·
Registered
756 Posts
1) This is nozzle for fuel tank tube. It should be connected to the right side of the tank to balance fuel level in tank
2) These are fuel carb overflow pipes
3) These are fuel inlet to supply fuel from tank to carb from petcock
4) This is oil breather nozzle. I have rubber tube on this nozzle.
#1 The fuel line that comes off of this is supposed to wind under the frame and to the other side of the tank, and attach to the petcock. Your petcock should have two lines coming out (to the carbs) and one to attach the balancer line.

#4 This vents to atmosphere. Run the line down between the frame and the swing arm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts