Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No matter what I do fuel pukes out, it floods one cylinder dies. I found pitting on the brass of the needle seat, cleaned that up, got two mostly trouble free trips out of town ond right back to same ****, I have no clue. I will literally end up ruining the mounting rubber before the problem is solved at this rate. No matter what I doo the high side won't close off fuel flow.

I can't afford floats for a while either. Has to be a flaw in the float, there just is no other explanation with a fuel filter on the other end.

By the way I HATE this bike. I SO want to take a lit match and drop it in the tank as I kick it over and watch the flames engulf it, never to be a thorn in anyone's side again. Would bring true joy to my heart to destroy this jap crap death trap!

If I didn't so desperately need it or the money I might get out of the POS in parts, I would, just for the joy of satiating my hatred!

But that's only when she''s stranding me in spit of LOTS of effort and being baffled.

Truth is I LOVE this bike too, it was a great ride for a while, I gotta not forget that! I prolly can love it again, I just need to figure out why she's unhappy!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I need to get places though so if anyone has any idea of why it can't work and what I might do to force it to wrok I am all ears???

I can take a bus and my bicycle to my next appointment, may have to.

I wanted to force the bike, but despite my anger, I love and value it too much to risk it.

It's a good bike really, there's just soem problem i am not seeing and it is maddening as all hell!

Anyway if anyone has anything, happy to hear it....?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Ok.. year and model may help u here..are you sure it's the floats sucking up fuel? When u shake them do you hear liquid inside?
This maybe a long shot..your fuel lines (rubber) maybe breaking down on the inside, past the fuel filter and letting debris into the float needle causing it to stay open..
Or your float level just maybe a bit high.. I would do a good cleaning .. tank, peacock,lines filters and CARBS.. and before disassembling .. check your float levels..
Oh, some float needles have a "spring" in them.. ur may be "stuck"...

Reactions: markjs

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1985 CB450SC Sorry always fogetting that)

NO FLOAT ADJUSTMENT.

I repeat 100% plastic, nothing to adjust. No no fuel in the floats, both appear the same though the needle springs are weak, I've seen weak springs work before. I tend to like your debris idea. I have not done a thorough cleaning as I thought sure the pitting on the valve seat was the issue.

The big thing was to take a break and work out my rage before I go busting into that lovely machine again. It is a good machine, has been a long time, it just needs help and I am at wits end. Gotta not let the anger get me.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
If u believe it's the float/needle. Swap them .. see if it does it or the other side

Reactions: Brent

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Are you sure it's the float? Try swapping the float bowls from side to side.

Reactions: Rob Axel

·
Banned
854 Posts
I think you need to move on to another bike, not saying it isn't fixable but clearly the two of you are not compatible. Probably best to break it off now before someone gets hurt.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Let's not be to hasty .. I think with a little counseling, and common ground, I believe this may work out. It's all dependent on how much effort and open mindedness will be allowed ...

Reactions: Brent

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let's not be to hasty .. I think with a little counseling, and common ground, I believe this may work out. It's all dependent on how much effort and open mindedness will be allowed ...
No you were right in the first place, two LARGE pieces of debris obstructing high side float needle, big chunks big enough to get stuck, small enough to flow right in the gap. Blew it out good, blowing bowls out and cleaning, trying again.

BTW I blew through the filter cuz I am afraid to break it (stuck good to fuel line) but it's a gold filter, should hold up?

Can't swap bowls BTW, accelerator pump disallows this.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well pray for me and bike, carbs on, without airbox on centerstand fueling normally no oversflow. Now airbox on and on sidestand next test, wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It was a "long shot"....
Hope it solves ur problem..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well it's been over 3 hours now, hopefully Mark is doing a victory dance rather than pushing it home. What's up Mark?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Suddenly it's love again... :eek: ;) :roll: :???: :mrgreen:

young love can be so fickle :lol: :lol:

but what might tomorrow bring?? you'll have to stay tuned to "Mark's 'jap crap death trap' Adventures" to find out!

Seriously - glad it's getting you around again, like a good little vintage bike should

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Suddenly it's love again... :eek: ;) :roll: :???: :mrgreen:

young love can be so fickle :lol: :lol:

but what might tomorrow bring?? you'll have to stay tuned to "Mark's 'jap crap death trap' Adventures" to find out!

Seriously - glad it's getting you around again, like a good little vintage bike should

Tom you just might have a fine idea there.

*Mark have you ever thought of writing a blog of your adventures with this bike? People blog about anything and everything so why not? Plus it's possible to make a few dollars doing it. The key is keeping at it and not running out of stories to tell.

**And congrats on a better running bike that you can ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
...,I did somthing "similar" when my 68 Triumph obtained a gremin... I rewired the bike twice.. it's a looong story. Oh and Dad, your gonna love this .. it involved a E.I. that I had installed..AND a bad BRAND NEW NGK spark plug..
I can dig up the thread location if anyone is interested in a read dealing with elements "out of the norm " with troubleshooting..
Basically .. a "gremlin hunt"..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts