Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil:I'm looking for tires for my 1978 cb400a 18" rear 19" front, the problem is finding something like the original tread, I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for a tread like this front and rear Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Tread Auto part

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, now to find a good distributor.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hope your tires turn out to please you, yep, I hate buying tires also.
I have always ordered tires on line and mounted them myself.
The problem I have is finding a tire I like and getting the correct sizes,
CB400T II. I am looking at Dunlop K70s, tube type tires. They seem to be
available in the right sizes and fairly economical.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I with you on tire buying. I'd really like something like the Kenda761 front and rear, but with both 18in rims (cl360) selections are limited. Gets exhausting after while, gonna end up in a compromise anyway.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 1979 cm400 and a 1981 cm 400 same problem. 16" rear 18" front

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Tom where did buy your tires?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put cheap Shinko radials on mine. They don't look "vintage" but they get the bike down the road. Now if I could only get the **** carbs dialed in...

EDIT" 1980 T2 with 19" and 18" wheels. I think they're 100/90/19 and 110/80/18 iirc. I'd have to go check.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I broke down and ordered the IRC GS-11 tires they look like the best match, now on to the cm bikes they use a 4.60-16 rear and a 3.50-18 front.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm looking for this tread front and rear Synthetic rubber Tire Automotive tire Tread Auto part

·
Registered
343 Posts
That looks a lot like a Dunlop K-70. I will put K-70s on my CB400T if I ever get it to run correctly.
Not sure about the sizes, maybe a no go on size. K-70s are tube type tires if that matters.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The problem is the 4.60x16" rear wheel that's on the CM bikes,I have looked everywhere on the web and haven't found them and I know they made them, I have a fine dry rotted one on one of my bikes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts