Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1974 CB360
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grabbed this off Craigslist for free. Not sure if it is going to a parts bike or if I should tear it down and build it back. I will post some more pictures in the future but I wanted some opinions based on the picture!

·
Registered
Cl350 Cl175
31 Posts
man, I'm always talking to my wife and dreaming about finding free classic Hondas. haha my wife just rolls her eyes cuz she doesn't understand why anyone wants rust buckets but I cant get enough. congratulations. there's definitely gonna be some usable parts but if it turns over, it might be fun to clean it up and ride it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The torque arm for the back brake is in the wrong position, and you're going to need a kickstart shaft and lever. You can still get the mufflers from David Silver. Engine looks solid. But seat, wheel rims and front fender are sad looking. Good luck with the rebuild!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Keep it for parts. Rebuilding would cost you 3 times more than what you would have to pay for a decent one. Keep looking on craig's list. Of course the wrenching fun is worth something too.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Now that's the perfect candidate for a cafe racer! The bad or missing parts would be replaced anyway by something from Dime City, plus us purists wouldn't be angry at you for molesting a survivor. It's a win win situation. Also you can demonstrate some actual skills besides using a grinder and sawzall!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I disagree. Build it back to Stock!
Before;

After (and about 4 months and 2 grand);

Worth every penny!
20190823_141755(1).jpg
20200817_184732.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
I doubt if 2 grand will be enough to restore hat CB175 to decent stock condition. Just from looking at the picture there is a need for mufflers, kickstarter, shocks, front mudguard, seat, side panels, rear signal lights, battery, spark plugs and who knows what else besides a paint job and engine damage repair. I agree with Risingson that a cafe racer may be the best option in this case. In general I'm a fan of restoring to stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts