Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I’ve been riding old Honda’s for about 25 years. I’ve been riding my 1981 cm400c for about 14 years.
One day, a few weeks ago, I went to ride and she wouldn’t start, just cranks. I have no spark or weak spark. I joined this forum to try and get some help.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Read the sticky in the electrical section and do the stator tests.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum. Read the sticky in the electrical section and do the stator tests.
Thanks, I did. I posted my results in a thread in the electrical section. Apparently my stator is bad. A kind fellow on this forum offered to sell me a used one at a very fair price. It sounds like I’ll have it in a few days.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve been having a blast reading the threads on this forum. My bike is down (temporarily!) with a bad stator and I’m deep in rainy season here in Washington, so while I wait for parts, I’ve been reading old threads about various bike repairs. I’m fascinated on many levels. The cache of information here is invaluable and the community spirit is heartwarming. Some of the repair discussions are like reliving my years of fumbling repairs and slowly evolving familiarity with my old Hondas. This vintage Honda obsession can get pretty intense (financially, emotionally, spatially) , and it’s good to know I’m not alone. Thanks!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Just in case you don't already have it, you'll probably want the FSM for the bike. PM sent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts