Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
72 cb350 with vm30 carbs and unifilter. Upon purchasing bike, I changed the oil, sync carbs and set idle. I also readjusted cam chain and then performed valve clearance adjustment. I have not set timing, waiting on my light tester to arrive.

It idles pretty well at 1200 rpm. I can rev to 2500 rpm no problems. It’s when I rev it from 3k and above that the idle hangs and takes awhile to return to idle. I’ve checked with air filters off to ensure slides are not sticking. I also sprayed wd40 on intake boots and didn’t notice any difference. I may just buy cb360 intake boots since I’m using the cb350 ones.

Read that it could be a timing issue. Could I have screwed up doing maintenance and altered something?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
If the timing is retarded and/or the spark advance is not working as it should, it would tend to want to stay revved up and come back to idle slowly (possibly not at all depending on how far retarded). Check the return springs on the advancer to see if they're loose and make sure the points gap and timing are right

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Pull carbs apart and check all the brass. You probably need main jets and maybe discharge tubes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts