Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I bought my first bike back in December 18 as a project to work on Kawasaki 125 eliminator. I'd never ridden a bike before. I just got the bike running and road worthy April 19, and I've just finished my MSF course and the state of Texas has declared me fit to ride a bike on public roads (for some reason).

Now, I don't have a problem but I bought a 1980 Twinstar for $60 before I've even gotten the other bike registered or even ridden it on the road. I'm looking to get this bike on the road. It was "running last year when I put it in the garage" but its got a dead battery and what looks like a host of other issues.

I'm looking to turn it into a little scrambler for my oldest daughter who wants to learn to ride (she's 21) and once she passes her MSF after the summer I'd like this lil beastie up and runnin. And if she doesn't pass, I want to ride it a while. The Eliminator is not really my style. I like the classics.

Welp that's me. I am a web dev at a large company in Austin Tx, and I like to fix things more than I like to make websites, and would honestly rather build bikes than sit at a computer all day. That said, I've worked on about 3 bikes with friends and these two are my first solo projects, so I am a bit nervous. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Howdy pardner, hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like fun, im sure your daughter will pass. And you will have to do another project to have your own classic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts