Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20181222_140511367.jpg

So I was replacing the throttle cable when I looked up and noticed this crack in the top fork bridge.
Apparently a pretty common thing but I dont feel so comfortable riding this way. IMG_20181222_140523312.jpg IMG_20181222_140500797.jpg

·
Registered
493 Posts
I came across the same thing on my CB350F too, exactly the same way.

Hard to come by part..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, spacers are there. nuts do not seem overly tight either.
who knows......maybe i have been riding it this way for years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I came across the same thing on my CB350F too, exactly the same way.

Hard to come by part..

luckily i found a new old stock on ebay. thinking about trying to get the old one welded and keep as a spare

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Is the special spacer washer in place? Easy to over torque if it is missing.
Doesn't look like it from the first picture. I think he should look at the left side too. It is P/N 53235300000 and # 8 in the attached picture. t is always helpful to know, but I'm guessing this is a CB450 K6-7. Top bridges for the disk brake 450 DOHC are really hard to find. The last guy on this forum who broke one of these had to have his welded.

CB450K5 Top Bridge.JPG

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a cb350g. As soon as I figure out how to do that neat little tag line at the bottom of my posts, I will get that on there so guessing isn't necessary.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
It is a cb350g. As soon as I figure out how to do that neat little tag line at the bottom of my posts, I will get that on there so guessing isn't necessary.
I bet it is a 1973, nice bike. It will be easier to find a new top bridge. There were more 350s than 450s made. It still needs two of the spacers.

They make it tricky to edit your signature. At the top of the page there is a link "Forum Actions." From there pick "Edit Profile. On the left column about 2/3 of the way down is the link to Edit Signature. Just above the Edit Signature is the Edit Avatar.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
IMG_6498.jpg IMG_6528.jpg Discovered the same on a recent 450 purchase. Had it welded, and was informed this is a regular occurance (even with the spacer). Yes, it could have been worse had it happened to the lower clamp...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bet it is a 1973, nice bike. It will be easier to find a new top bridge. There were more 350s than 450s made. It still needs two of the spacers.

They make it tricky to edit your signature. At the top of the page there is a link "Forum Actions." From there pick "Edit Profile. On the left column about 2/3 of the way down is the link to Edit Signature. Just above the Edit Signature is the Edit Avatar.
Thanks Jamespal, got the signature figured out!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hopefully the lower clamp would have held until you noticed something was off in the steering. You'd probably feel some sponginess in the steering, maybe some wobble, as the forks would be able to twist a little bit. Good thing you noticed this though. It could easily have gone undetected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts