Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I respoked my cb450 wheels and have been working on truing them. Side to side "wobble" is gone but I notice that where the wheel's seam is no matter what I do it won't get that "flat spot" out. Is this common? Where these wheels not perfectly round when the bike came off the assembly line? Thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
Gage Werke said:
I respoked my cb450 wheels and have been working on truing them. Side to side "wobble" is gone but I notice that where the wheel's seam is no matter what I do it won't get that "flat spot" out. Is this common? Where these wheels not perfectly round when the bike came off the assembly line? Thanks
the seam is a seam you'll never get it smooth, less than 1mm side to side and up/down is good ....... perfectly round from the factory? do you still believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy too? respoking/truing wheels is as easy as tuning a piano ;)

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Jayel is right..... There is almost always a 1/2" area across the weld that reads too high or too low...Ignore that...If the rest of the wheel reads true, you're fine.....If you have less than .5 mm error everywhere you're better than it came from the factory.......

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
...and if you have less than 2 or 3 mm, you're better than 98% of the dual-sport bikes out there, after bashing over rocks and roots, etc. Less than 5mm, and you're STILL probably better than a lot of 'em... :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thanks guys. I can move on to the next project now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What happens if you've got a lateral bend in your rim that doesn't straighten out with spoke tension? Any ideas for straightening the rim?

·
Registered
84 Posts
yeah, I been working on truing my front wheel. It has a slight bump in it that you notice a slower speeds. I have made it better. I been checking/tweaking it then ride for a bit to let it settle down the do it over again. Slowly getting better. It is about time I check it again.... (fun stuff) :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts