Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Many of these tips are common sense, but for those of us who were around old-school mechanically-inclined fathers like myself, they were pretty much a given to be exposed to while growing up - I was fortunate in that regard, but this is an interesting series of tips, many of which still apply today. I find it interesting that this article, even back then, reminds me of modern TV commercials in that they show the "common" people with less-than-commonly owned goods... this shows someone working on an Ossa, which was a higher-priced and far lesser-owned machine here in the US by the average person than the more common Japanese bike equivalent, just as most commercials today show the "common" person living in an elegant 2 story house with granite countertops and other upgraded appointments.

Overall, a few good tips to be taken from it for those who are getting started working on their own machines

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember using the hose clamp ring compresser trick for the first time when I was 14. I had the shortster jug bored out for the baja 100 piston, Lol, and this article had just come out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts