Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting bike rrady to vintage race need help please just replace drum brake shoes class rules need stay with drum brakes not sure if you need tomato the main excel really tight as it seem therein som drag when sling the hub

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Just a guess here, but tightening the axle isn't what's holding the wheel onto the forks, so I'd say follow the manual for torque specs for all items. Torque procedure has been posted here before and should be followed for best results

Edit: in case it's not in the manual, or you don't have a method to confirm torque, then just over snug might work. I use a stout screw driver and wrench combo

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Just another guess here but it sounds like you could use a factory service manual.

PM sent.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi , got the front brake better now, and did the rear today much easier, i am using ferodo shoes , now need to change tires to racing tire and tru wheel and check spokes,

·
Registered
328 Posts
I assume you mean the front ...
Is your speedo gear still in there?

Most new bearings are slightly thinner and so the speedo gear can catch at torque. There are 2 washers but they are too paper thin to help.

... factory torque is 47 lbs btw.

I pulled my speedo gear and it free spins much better. Worm gears have a LOT of drag.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
getting bike rrady to vintage race need help please just replace drum brake shoes class rules need stay with drum brakes not sure if you need tomato the main excel really tight as it seem therein som drag when sling the hub
go the the vintage brake website and read the procedures for setting up a drum brake properly...it explains the procedures quite well.
extra points for spelling and grammar improvements

1 - 6 of 6 Posts