Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Love bikes and only got into them recently, Im actually wanting to purchase my first one right now but i need some advice. I live in new york city and only want a bike so i can escape the city into the mountains upstate. I only plan to do this every other weekend, Would a 1972 honda cb 175 survive a 200 mile day trip? the bike im looking at is beautiful, runs great and is a reasonable price. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
854 Posts
I'm no expert but I think a 175 is probably a bit small for that distance, a little bigger would be better. Wait for others to chime in that actually know the capabilities of a CB175.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hey Guys,

Love bikes and only got into them recently, Im actually wanting to purchase my first one right now but i need some advice. I live in new york city and only want a bike so i can escape the city into the mountains upstate. I only plan to do this every other weekend, Would a 1972 honda cb 175 survive a 200 mile day trip? the bike im looking at is beautiful, runs great and is a reasonable price. What do you guys think?
Though the 175 is a reliable engine when given proper care, it's a bit small to use for 200 mile trips in a single day. Given its likely top speed of only around 70-ish mph, it would be working pretty hard to maintain highway speeds to accomplish that kind of distance.

That said, since you're new here you should do this first
Critical - READ BEFORE YOUR FIRST POST

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
In my opinion the CB175 was more of a sportbike among its peers and predecessors. But 200 miles is just as long of a trip now as it was 50 years ago.

Now if you said 100 miles, well that's another story.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you haven’t pulled the trigger on the 175 think about a cb or cl 350. You could do 200 miles round trip and there should be some around that are rideable and reasonably affordable.

·
Registered
346 Posts
At minimum you should get a 350 and even though I've had mine to 95mph, it hates the interstate because it's so light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts