Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have a cb350 1971 and i just put in dyna electrical ignition but it wouldn't fit unless i took of the nuts for the rocker arm pin. I was wondering if its important and how much of an idiot would i be by running the bike without them? Thank you very much.
I apologize in advance if this post has some problems with it, im new here. Thank you for your time!

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
The ONLY Nuts I can think of that would be attached to the Rocker Pins are the ones that lock down the valve adjustment.

Removing them would allow the valves to float around and your motor would not run at all - PERIOD.

Post some pic's

·
Sensei
27,144 Posts
Without the locknuts, the valve adjustment eccentrics can rotate at will, changing the amount/distance the valves open, and when, and possibly preventing them from fully closing and sealing the cylinder ....although I believe they would ultimately rotate to the position of maximum clearance where the valves would not open fully.....
At best you could simply have a cylinder that won't run..... Let's NOT even think of the worst......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts