Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Had mine to around 65mph, may make a little more, maybe I'm getting nervous In my old age, but I reckon that's more than fast enough on a 49 year old small bike!

Cheers Graham

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know these are not CB's, but I came across a beautiful unrestored 1971 CL175 with 2200 original miles. My first small bike. Fell in love. Found another one with 1700 original miles, bought that one too. Both came with original tires, but I replaced the tires on the yellow one. Instead of the normal 2.75 front and 3.00 rear, I went to 3.00 and 3.50. This was probably a mistake because I hate the way it looks. Plus the right size was hard to find in a vintage type tire. Both bikes are bone stock, and tuned to the best of my abilities. Strapped my iPhone to the bars, used the SpeedGlow app and ran them both exactly the same way. (At night so nobody would see me in a full tuck like speed racer).

Orange bike with the stock tires hit 70 MPH.
Yellow bike wouldn't go past 68 MPH.

I have a feeling the new larger tires on the yellow bike are slowing the bike down. I weight about 160. I recently found some Heidenau's that will work. The K34 and K39 tires look vintage and come in the stock sizes. I am curious to see if the correct tires improve the top speed... but I'm mainly doing it for aesthetics. I love the skinny little tires!

IMG_5506.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts