Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a 82 450 nighthawk, getting ready to install them, but see no way to reach the lock nut and screw to sync the carbs, any ideas?

·
Registered
805 Posts
to reach the lock nut you shut the engine off and open the throttle wide, a normal wrench should get you access to it. A long screwdriver helps with the flathead

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bench setting isn't the same as dynamically setting the carburetors. Honda sells a tool that should be under $20...It works on about everything starting in 1978-9. Everything with the 8mm headed nut & straight-blade screw in center. I've been retired since about the turn of the century, they may have brought out machines with different adjusters by now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got them on and looks like I can reach the nut from right with a wrench and turn the screw with a flat blade bit I use with my drill

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I remove the tank and place an old towel across the area above the air filters on my a. I strap the tank down and use a longer fuel hose to reach the carbs. Then like 80cb400t I shut the motor off and go to wide open throttle to reach the screw.

Bill

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
That same long adjuster tool is used with all sorts of models, from CBX to GoldWings to SOHC Fours to nearly every model with multiple vacuum carbs. So it's a low cost tool worth having.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts