Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst messing around with the timing (following Bill's excellent online guide), I've become a little concerned with the spark produced by my coils/plugs.

I expect what is commonly referred to as a "FAT" spark but only see a straggly, thin spark. The sparks are consistent (and blue), but appear a bit on the "thin" side (to me).

Is there an upgraded set of coils available or will another set fit from another bike (say CB500T)?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
MadDogMcQ said:
Whilst messing around with the timing (following Bill's excellent online guide), I've become a little concerned with the spark produced by my coils/plugs.

I expect what is commonly referred to as a "FAT" spark but only see a straggly, thin spark. The sparks are consistent (and blue), but appear a bit on the "thin" side (to me).

Is there an upgraded set of coils available or will another set fit from another bike (say CB500T)?
Is there a problem with the engine missing under load or lack of power? if not leave all alone :) If you really need/want more/bigger spark, a few of us have used the coils form ***** XS part number Part #17-6807 with good results http://www.mikesxs.net/products-27.html#products

it does require you to build a small plate to mount them on the OME bracket, but may be just what you are looking for.
This is how i did mine.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Yep that's the one ;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
I did the same thing but without the polishing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
looks like your computer/post has a bug bill :shock: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
jayel said:
looks like your computer/post has a bug bill :shock: :lol:
Yeah. And I instinctively reached up and swatted the screen. :evil:

Hope Spring gets here soon!
:roll: