Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How could they make more than one bike a day trying to figure out this darn wiring!!!
Did they have to walk back and forth between their garage/workplace and their computer all the way across their home for each and every wire, wire connection and color???
If they had a color print out could they tell the difference between a yellow wire and a white/w yellow wire?
Did all their aftermarket parts like new coils condensers points use different sizes of bullet connectors? with varying degrees of quality? and different colors?
Were their plastic/rubber insulators rock hard and 50yrs old?
Did they use a PURPLE wire color???????????? What the hell, where/what does a purple wire do/go?????
Did every bulb they tried to remove from their concrete hard bulb holder come apart from the base leaving the metal portion of the bulb in the oxidized socket and you holding a little glass ball?

Okay, enough of that..... On to my question:

I purchased a CB450k wiring harness from 4into1. It's going okay (see above) but there is hardly enough room in the bucket to hold all that glob of wires. Would using 4, 6, 8, and 9 pin connectors use less space? Or at least make it more organized? I'm thinking I could put all the right hand controls on a 9 pin male connector and make a 9 pin female to fit it on the wiring harness. Do the same for the left hand controls, and the same for the dash lights.
Anybody ever do this?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I made my own wiring harness, and did exactly that, using Molex connectors. Only difference, I put all the grounds on a terminal strip on top of the coils.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Honda eventually did something just like that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sonreir - Sorry, Dime City is where i purchased the harness.
540Nova - Yes that's it, Molex connectors.
Thanks everyone and happy new year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts