Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops.

bought a Buell this weekend.

'03 XB9S, 6200 miles on it. Squeed a good deal on it. Should be fun this summer.

It was 8 degrees the day I bought it, and I wouldn't buy a bike without a test ride. 20 miles watching for ice patches was fun. I returned back the PO's with ice in my beard.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Congrats on the Buell, I think you'll enjoy it. I only have a few street miles on an XB9 but I've done a couple of 20 minute track session on an XB9 that was set up for racing. What they lack on the top end they make up for late braking and drive out of the corner. Of course, it was no match for my RC51 Racebike but still a competitive bike in the HW Twins class with the right rider.

Mike

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I am excited for march to come so i can get some miles on the thing.

the only plans for it's future are shortie brake lever, and swap the seat out.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Darn!...I was hoping your plans included parking it at my garage...... :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm not sure that they offer these for a Buell or what perches Buell actually uses, but I do HIGHLY RECOMMEND these levers!! I bought the shorties for my supermoto and they're of very high quality, affordable, and built a little thicker than some of their competitors levers.. The spring loaded bending/foldaway feature is just too cool...

EDIT: It looks like they only offer offroad products after all..

http://www.zeta-racing.com/controls/pivot/index.html

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
I'm not sure that they offer these for a Buell or what perches Buell actually uses, but I do HIGHLY RECOMMEND these levers!! I bought the shorties for my supermoto and they're of very high quality, affordable, and built a little thicker than some of their competitors levers.. The spring loaded bending/foldaway feature is just too cool...

EDIT: It looks like they only offer offroad products after all..

http://www.zeta-racing.com/controls/pivot/index.html

GB :mrgreen:

Seems like they make some neat stuff, never heard of them before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts