Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Bolt the case on dry first, to see if the kickstarter binds, it may need the thickness of that gasket for correct end-play.

·
Registered
CB77, 1966
92 Posts
You could learn how to make a gasket ?
I agree. Using HondaBond or any other 'gasket goo' will never be satisfactory. You can buy gasket paper and cut your own. I would try a car parts supplier, especially one of those that supplies parts to car repair shops. Gasket paper comes in different thicknesses so take along a piece of your old one.

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
If you already have a gasket set Buy the Paper from an auto parts store TRACE It and cut it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As Yendor says, one sheet will cost a quid i know as i have just done that myself.
Start with two holes to locate the gasket in place, gently rub around the inner and outer rim of case then cut with scissors leaving 3/4 mm overhang.
Take gasket off the out case and relocate on the engine using the two location holes to make sure nothing touches anywhere.

·
Registered
CB77, 1966
92 Posts
As Yendor says, one sheet will cost a quid i know as i have just done that myself.
Start with two holes to locate the gasket in place, gently rub around the inner and outer rim of case then cut with scissors leaving 3/4 mm overhang.
Take gasket off the out case and relocate on the engine using the two location holes to make sure nothing touches anywhere.
Another method is to lightly paint the sealing surface with something that dries slowly, print the shape on the paper and clean the surface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts