Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this time if there's a general interest, i think finding someone to do a good deal on printing up some tshirts would be rad?

We can have someone from the site do it?

now that we're a year old someone might be interested?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Re: Birthday !!

I'd LOVE to have a Hondatwins t-shirt or three!! Although, I'm no good at designing graphics or the like.. Although I'd team up with the right person/persons to make this a reality..

I'd still love to have one with that 450 engine blueprint that was posted here. That was discussed at one time..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
163 Posts

Heck ill step up here if no one cares guys. I think its a GREAT idea and Ive got a place locally here that I KNOW will do t's, hats,sweatshirts, etc for a real decent price.
If that sounds good I can check prices and get an idea.

Anyone have any artwork??Thats where the cost lies on these. Id stick with one or 2 colors on it at most to keep costs down.

Let me know. Im disabled and have a lot of free time so Id love to be involved with this ...in whatever capacity. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Test

I can do some designs for this- I have the EPS (line art) for the Honda wing- both the newer and old 60's wing. Could do that with the HondaTwins.net logo (I'd need the font that was used) and a faint blueprint of an engine in the background. Or the blueprint could be on the back of the shirt. Can someone point me to the blueprint?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

If we could offer a shirt just for the 450 owners AND one with just the Hondatwins logo, that'd be AWESOME.

Bill2 and I both have the 450 "blueprint" images.. As for the Hondatwins logo, we need to be really careful using any Honda images such as badges, or fonts. I was just reading about this the other day on another site. Ford was suing someone using the same font as the Ford Ranger badges, when people were designing Ranger t-shirts.. Also a Ford powersports website had similar issues..

The colors could be kept simple. T-shirts in grey, black, or white, with solid single color logos..

If any mod wants to split this topic off into a thread about getting this done then let's do it. I'm not comfortable doing so.. Don't wanna lose good info.. :oops:

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts

I believe the correct way to go about this is to have members "sign-up" for a specific number of shirts of a specific size/color.....I'd suggest one color of printing on various colors of shirts.... Once we have the numbers, we can see if it would be practical to order THAT many shirts, as the set-up is a signifigant part of the cost for silk-screening.....
Whomever ends up doing the actual ordering would have to be willing to package and mail/ship all the "product" and will have to have access to the money involved (I think PayPal worked out well for this at the MSN 450 group).....
Regardless, Someone will have to be responsible for paying for the shirts initially once the design has been perfected......
So, lets have the suggested designs displayed on group, choose the best one, (vote) and find a member close to a "printer" for the actual purchase/shipping duties... Any volunteers?

Here's the DOHC 450 group's shirt.....

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Honda Twins Shirts?

well... i messed up that split... ****.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Sorry, i messed up that split somehow... *sigh*

anyway there's a shirt specific thread now.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts

Jason...I believe if you split off the rest of the replys to a separate "topic" and then merged that topic with this one you will fix it....... :D Steve

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts

Let's post a couple designs to choose from...
MY suggestion would be to use the commonest Honda twin engine cut-away/blueprint....(the 350).... Besides, I already have the 450 ones...LOL.... Steve

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

66Sprint said:
Jason...I believe if you split off the rest of the replys to a separate "topic" and then merged that topic with this one you will fix it....... :D Steve

That was significantly harder than it should have been. Not sure why. i need to look into that.

·
Registered
131 Posts

I would be interested in a t shirt or two, I know we're not taking orders yet, but as far as interest is concerned I don't think it would be a problem to sell off 75 or so shirts here.....and just for a note those 450 shirts look bad @ss

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

I agree that the 450 engine shirts are cool, and I wish I had a couple.. :cry: But if you guys want a Hondatwins logo shirt then I'm interested in that as well..

Steve I sent you a PM about the 450 shirts..

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

I have this picture of the 450 mill in a larger format if necessary..
[attachment=2:zkjm5k47]engineside2.jpg[/attachment:zkjm5k47]

Here's a generic one of the 450 oiling system.. I don't care for it too much myself..
[attachment=1:zkjm5k47]cb450xray3a.jpg[/attachment:zkjm5k47]

Here's a quick snippet I took of the Hondatwins logo.. I hope no one minds.. :?
[attachment=0:zkjm5k47]Capture.JPG[/attachment:zkjm5k47]

If anyone has anything else then post it up, either by uploading or using photobucket.. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts

I like the HondaTwins.net logo if that wing wouldn't get us into trouble. I guess if it's ok here maybe it would be ok on a shirt.

I think you could sell more if they're generic rather than specific to one bike. For instance I'm a 400 fan, don't appear to be so many of us around.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts

I too LOVE the 450 "blueprint", but I'm also VERY fond of the "Sloper " configuration engines....Like this one:

However, I STILL think a "blueprint" cut-away of the most sold twin (the 350) would be the most appropriate.....
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Steve

·
Registered
131 Posts

The sloper IS cool and you're probably right about the 350 being most appropriate. I would wear a 350 shirt, however I don't ride a 350 to work everyday. I ride a 450 so in my apartment they are considered cooler.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts

No doubt the 450 is "cooler", but as the only (counting the 500T as a 450 variant) DOHC EARLY twin, the 350 is more representative of the "Hondatwins" generalization...

Most of the early hondas were SOHC, and some of the later ones too (400T, 250 Rebel, Twinstar, etc....)
Besides...., I already HAVE several shirts with the 450 on it...From the 450 MSN group....
I'll bet Bill 440 would vote for a CB77 (305) "sloper" blueprint shirt......I wouldn't mind that either.... It says "Honda" and "older vintage" in one fell swoop.......LMAO!

Now, Let's hear some other ideas! (pics please!)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 232 Posts