Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem and I know someone out there knows what the problem is. I hope someone can help. I have a 1987 Honda Spree. It runs great but for the last few weeks, it will not pull a hill like it has in the past. I order a new belt and thought that was the problem. It did not help. I had the clutch pads replaced and it did not help. On level ground in runs fine but any halfway steep grade it will not make the grade. I am a little guy and it has in the past so I know the bike will pull it. Anyone have any suggestions. I am knew to this community and I hope someone can help. Thanks

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Cool, I had the red one when I was 16.
You need to be sure of a few things.

1. Air filter is in place and clean, no air leaks between the airbox and carb.
2. This is a 2-stroke engine with oil injection. Have a look at the oil in your oil tank, what color is it? Moron previous owners do stupid things to all bikes, perhaps you don't have 2-stroke oil in your oil tank.
3. Clean your carb and verify float level with a clear tube, there is a recent thread on that here somewhere. Your float isn't adjustable. If your fuel lines are old replace them with good quality clear line. Flushing out and inspecting the interior of your gas tank is good too, its a steel tank and can rust inside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts