1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://capecod.craigslist.org/mcy/d/honda-sl-350/6652316565.html

1972 collectible vintage off road 14.000
Miles needs work has not been run in years. No title just bill of sale
Mufflers have some rust but salvageable.
Have extra tanks seat and 2 extra engines also for sale as well as many miscellaneous parts fenders body parts and mechanical
Call Brian 508-two 8 seven- 9042

1972 Honda sl 350
engine displacement (CC): 350
fuel: gas
odometer: 14448
paint color: green
title status: missing
transmission: manual

·
Registered
555 Posts
Damn Tom, sharp eyes this evening :D I didn’t notice that hidden in the shadows!

·
Banned
854 Posts
Bikes with no titles are parts bikes and parts bikes are worth $100 or less.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a few ways around a missing title, its not a show stopper by any means for the right bike.

·
Banned
854 Posts
I’m working on getting a bonded title in ma right now and it’s not easy or quick. If I had known how much of a pain it is I would not have bought the $100 yamaha without a title. Any seller telling you it’s easy I would suggest that they get the title then sell it to you.

·
Registered
756 Posts
A bonded title in MA is not the way to go -- better to get a VT title and switch it over to MA. I did that a few times when I was in MA. Piece of cake and relatively cheap.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or have a friend in NH sign the bill of sale, run a blue form with bike present at their local PD on the way home, register it at their local Town Hall and write a bill of sale to the MA resident who takes it to the RMV with the current NH Reg. and applies for MA title and Registration. This probably isn't the cheapest but you can get it done in 2 days.

·
Banned
854 Posts
Or have a friend in NH sign the bill of sale, run a blue form with bike present at their local PD on the way home, register it at their local Town Hall and write a bill of sale to the MA resident who takes it to the RMV with the current NH Reg. and applies for MA title and Registration. This probably isn't the cheapest but you can get it done in 2 days.
Well perhaps if I had a friend in NH that would be an option. Also since I live on an island all that running about would cost me at least a couple hundred bucks which is why a bike with no title is worth at most $100 to me.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Screenshot_2017-08-13-11-51-29 (1).jpg Screenshot_2017-08-13-11-51-29 (1).jpg
Alan - did you see the electric starter? This K2 has a CB/CL engine in it. Definitely collectible now!
Um folks, by the time the K2 came out, they had the new frame and Honda had ditched the electric starter & even redesigned the the crankcase, eliminating provision to even think about mounting an electric starter on there. I have an SL350K2 myself. Honda kept working on the SL350, trying to keep it out there, but as you know, ended up dropping it, in favor of the XL250 & 350. Not a good photo and I have no idea how I doubled up on it. Hopefully, it can be enlarged and it can be seen that the starter is no longer there.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Bill - my comment was correct about the bike in the CL ad, which is now sold so the picture is no longer available. I was joking that it was a collectible because someone somehow had actually stuffed the CB/CL or early SL K0 electric start engine in the frame... I couldn't believe it either but they had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts