21 - 40 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Thank you for a REAL manual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:) Thank You, you have saved me, I was going to buy a Clymer Manual for it.
I am glad I didn't get it (heard bad things about them).
Again,
Thank you :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Brother, you rock AND roll! What a find! I'm in the process of resurrecting a '79 CB400T, waking it up just long enough to put it under the knife this winter (sorry purists, I can't leave em alone)! This manual is just what the mad doctor ordered! THANKS!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is there any possibility that the electrical schematics could be scanned and posted in higher resolution?

Regardless, thank you for providing this very much needed info.

G

·
0 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing!

MnBikeGuy said:
For those of you working with Clymer's 400-450cc Twins manual here's the one for CM/CB400's :) you can trust.
MnBikeGuy said:
As much as Clymers takes it on the chin it does have one or two areas that aren't bad and actually have a more "common sense" approach to a procedure. Always an adventure!
This is interesting. Googling, it looks like there are multiple versions of the Clymer's manual. I have a 1978 printing (it says rev 2) of a CB400 specific manual that does not cover the 450's. It is orange with a photo of an orange Hawk II (what I have) at speed. We have had this manual since my family bought the bike back in the 80's. Presumably the original owner bought the manual shortly after they bought the bike.

We always thought it was a pretty good manual. But then it is tough to beat the factory manual, no?!

Again, thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
24,196 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,196 Posts
stucknahole said:
Thanks for the reply. Didint work though.
Most be on my end.
Just checked and the link I posted is working and all the manuals will download

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
stucknahole said:
Thanks for the reply. Didint work though.
Most be on my end.
What's happening when you try to load them? Any kind of error? What browser? Keep in mind that the files are pretty large, so depending on your connection speed, they will take a little while to download.

Let me know what is happening and I'll look into it for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The browser I use in Internet explore. I am using a Hotspot off of my cheapo Verzion phone. The one at the top of this topic just wont load. I tryed it through my phone only and usb conted the phone to the computer to acces the file and it sad that there was a corpeted file. The other ones on the form has some sort of weired conection errior that cases the system to close. Semes to be a file errior Ive never seen before
I figer its probley my conection. As sone as iam able to go into town ill jump on one of the hotspots on the libary or someplace.

This is what it comes up when I try to download the manuals on the other topic...

SysFader: iexplore.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x73494f3b referenced memory at 0x0000000. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

...end

·
Super Moderator
24,196 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well my battery was dead this morning when I went to crank it up for work :( going to get a new battery and probably a couple other odds and ends this weekend and I'm sure this will help me a lot as I get more into it! Thanks so much! (my work has the site with the manual blocked so I am taking everyone else's word that it is that great!)

21 - 40 of 235 Posts