Honda Twins banner
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! I just bought an '81 CM400T. The puppy runs, but it is rough shape. Planning on a tear down and rebuild/restore. Can someone send me the pdf to the shop manuals? Thank you in advance! Looking forward to getting the bike road worthy and putting some miles on it!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hi all! I just bought an '81 CM400T. The puppy runs, but it is rough shape. Planning on a tear down and rebuild/restore. Can someone send me the pdf to the shop manuals? Thank you in advance! Looking forward to getting the bike road worthy and putting some miles on it!
Welcome - someone will be along soon with what you need but while you're waiting, please take a look at the link below and post an introduction for us, so we can get to know you and your bike better

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/23-member-introductions/121120-critical-read-before-posting.html

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome aboard! You'll need a proper Factory Service Manual. PM sent.
You might want to post a few pics to prove the existence of said CM400T.:grin:
Some mighty skeptical folks around these parts.:eek:

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome aboard. Are you sure it's an '83? the 400s were manufactured up to '82 followed by the 450.
Here's a link to the manual. PM sent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome aboard. Are you sure it's an '83? the 400s were manufactured up to '82 followed by the 450.
Here's a link to the manual. PM sent.
thanx, how can I figure it ? the vehicle documents says that the first registration was on 1983, any other signs on documents. is there a way to know the manufacture date ? CM400T 391cm, NC013104828

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
NC01 refers to the CM400 models. In the US they started in 1979 and ended in 1981. Other countries, European mainly, still received the CM400 until 1983 or 84. There are minor cosmetic changes thru the years but mechanically they are all pretty much the same.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all. I just grabbed my first bike. A 1980 Honda CB400T (Hawk I guess). Got a steal of a deal, just the electrical is taken apart so I'm looking forward to learning about bikes and will try and put this all back together so I can learn to ride. If you can hook me up with a manual that would be cool. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quick question, what's the Rectangle+Triangle items on the wiring diagrams. They go in both directions. Some kind of resistor or circuit?
I've got a bunch of wiring I'm looking to extend and want to make sure I'm doing it all correct.
Thanks

201 - 220 of 247 Posts