Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda Dream 3E – year 1953
The oldest version of 3E model – very rare, has got the same wheel hubs like 2E model. Later 3E had oval wheel hubs. Engine and frame matching numbers. I am the 2nd owner since 1953.
Purchased in Japan a couple years ago. Since new, bike was stored in a dry room. Due it, the rust has never shown up. Until 2018 bike was in original condition. Still has got genuine drive chain and sprockets.
In 2018 bike was completely restored. New paint, all needed parts rechromed, engine and carb rebuilt, new wiring loom, new rear lens, headlight refreshed, new rubbers and tyres. Every single part looks like in 1953. Painted using enamel similar to the Honda’s one.
Runs at the first kick. Top compression. There is no oil smoke from the muffler. Engine doesn’t stall – runs very stable. Bike clutches, stops and shifts gears perfectly. Charging is great. Every single electrical part works fine.
Engine is 10km after rebuild, so it should be broken in by next owner.

Bike will be sold in Bonhams Stafford Autumn Show 19-20 October 2019.
You can also bid online. If you want do it, you must register asap and click 'bid'. It can be shipped worldwide.
https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25384/lot/391/?category=list&length=394&page=1
Bike can be shipped worldwide.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Very nice bike, looks to be a nice restoration. I thought you were going to sell it and the MF350 on eBay a couple years ago...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw the price and thought "What?" Then I saw the bike pictures and thought "Right, that seems fair." GLWS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beautiful bike you have there sir. Do you have any spare parts for sale? I have a 52 Dream 2E that I'm restoring in the USA, but as you probably know, parts are nearly impossible to find, any help you can offer on Dream E parts will be most appreciated. Best regards.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful bike you have there sir. Do you have any spare parts for sale? I have a 52 Dream 2E that I'm restoring in the USA, but as you probably know, parts are nearly impossible to find, any help you can offer on Dream E parts will be most appreciated. Best regards.
Hello friend!

Maybe I can help you making copies of my parts. Like you said genuine parts for 3E model are nearly impossible to find :/ Please let me know what do you have missing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello friend!

Maybe I can help you making copies of my parts. Like you said genuine parts for 3E model are nearly impossible to find :/ Please let me know what do you have missing.
Hello sir,

That would be absolutely fantastic if you could help me with parts, and I will be forever greatful. I need several things, but most notably:

Rear rack, with the chrome grab bar for behind the seat.
Chain guard
Dream D / 1E / Early 2E style tank emblems
Tank cap
Ignition switch with key (plus ignition switch mounting plate)
Air filter side covers, both sides
Left side handlebar button assembly (next to grip on the inside, for the horn I think)
Rubber seat
Rubber handle bar grips
Any foot peg and shift lever rubber
Spark plug wire and cap

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment, but I'm sure there's more. If you're able to help with any of those things, please let me know, and I will be happy to pay for the costs of having reproductions.

Also, do you know of anyone if Japan with a 1947 Honda Type A by chance? I have one of those as well, and need a few things for it.

If you'd prefer to email me, my email address is: [email protected]

Thanks again,
Jason.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello sir,

That would be absolutely fantastic if you could help me with parts, and I will be forever greatful. I need several things, but most notably:

Rear rack, with the chrome grab bar for behind the seat.
Chain guard
Dream D / 1E / Early 2E style tank emblems
Tank cap
Ignition switch with key (plus ignition switch mounting plate)
Air filter side covers, both sides
Left side handlebar button assembly (next to grip on the inside, for the horn I think)
Rubber seat
Rubber handle bar grips
Any foot peg and shift lever rubber
Spark plug wire and cap

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment, but I'm sure there's more. If you're able to help with any of those things, please let me know, and I will be happy to pay for the costs of having reproductions.

Also, do you know of anyone if Japan with a 1947 Honda Type A by chance? I have one of those as well, and need a few things for it.

If you'd prefer to email me, my email address is: [email protected]

Thanks again,
Jason.
Hello Jason!

I have responsed using your email.

J.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Wow! That is a stunning bike! Nice job. Wish I had the cash.
Absolutely gorgeous !!
Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts