Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Dream 305 red. It’s in rough shape. Owner says it turns over. I haven’t got close to it because it’s in a fenced area. I can see the seat is gone and missing left side cover. Don’t know much about these. Working on a cb175 now.
He is asking 350 dollars. I will check turnover and hopefully spark at some point. Not sure what else to look for. Are parts available? Don’t really need another project but if this is restorable I might consider it.
Looking for advice.
Thanks
LGR

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Parts are not particularly plentiful. On the other hand, baskets of parts often bring more than $350.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Only if it has a clear title. No title $100 tops and part it out if you have the space and time. That being said I bought a wrecked 1965 cb77 for $500. Spent three years of part time rebuilding it in to a beauty and sold it for $4050. You have the 175 for a rider and want to take the time to rebuild the dream then go for it. Some parts are hard to find as J-T said but thats part of the fun.

Just my thoughts.

Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am pretty sure you can register in Vermont for older bikes and get a title from them, even if you live out of state. I haven't done it myself yet but planning to on a couple project bikes. Look it up on Vermont RMV, just need to pay fees (not unreasonable) and get a local peace officer to inspect/verify VIN and sign off on the form.

Another way I have titled my bill-of-sale only bikes in Massachusetts is to get a notarized bill of sale from my seller stating some of the facts surrounding the bike and their purchase. Then I could get a title if I paid their sales tax plus mine, so for about $100 total (assuming low sales prices of a couple hundred dollars max) I got a new title - done it 3 times now, may be able to do similar in other states. It's not commonly known, and I would get different answers and responses from RMV depending on who I asked. One clown at RMV said "You shouldn't have bought the bike then!". I went back to Tony at title division like I did before, and voila, new title for 1975 Yamaha for $80.

Lastly, you can find out last registered owner of record (better if its the current seller) and pay to get duplicate title sent to them (if they are willing to work with you/toss them a bone) then go from there - I've gone this route before as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts