1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
5,924 Posts
If you are keeping electric start, none of them are good. They do not have large enough terminals, nor the ampacity for cranking an engine.

BatteriesPlus sells a 12a12m4a battery for about $35. It is their brand, but turns out it was made my Exide. I am happy with the one I have, now in it's second season.

Lot's of local places, including Walmart, sell that size battery.

Check for a store near you: http://www.batteriesplus.com/products/558-CC/4419-Motorcycle-Batteries/639007-Honda/CL360-Scrambler/360CC-1974-to-1975/1.aspx

I paid $37 for mine, got $5 back core charge, net $32 for a decent battery.

Stick to a real battery, those SLA alarm batteries are not designed for the vibration and temperature extremes a motorcycle sees. I have 8 of them I use to power items for testing (someone who worked for an alaarm company gave them to me. They are neat, but are designed to be indoors, in nice environments, like a nice dry, vibration free metal cabinet. Unless you really enjoy pushing your bike home, or cleaning up acid from broken cases, they really aren't good choices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man! i am going to pick up a 12v12ah4a battery from a local shop... thanks a ton for letting me know that because i was about to grab that other one. Really helped me out.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Please don’t waste your money on a wet cell battery (the ones with the 6 exposed caps on top) you have to check the electrolyte levels on and add more when it gets low. Spend the extra money to buy either a gel or AGM sealed battery that fits your bike properly. They last many years, are maintenance free, and work with your stock charging system and “normal” battery chargers/tenders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts