Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased a 1972 CL350. I have an overly simplistic question- not really covered specifically in the Honda manual, and I can't seem to find a reference photo anywhere on the web. I know the petcock and gas is on when the lever is vertical downward. But to turn off the petcock (and fuel,) is the lever to the left horizontal? Or to the right horizontal? I've attached a photo of where I believe the petcock is in the off position.

IMG_7577.jpg

·
Registered
539 Posts
I always had to think twice when I had the 360 and a 550. On the 360 the "off" is horizontal to the right - the 550 is hor. to the left. Yours looks to me as if the off position would be horizontal to the right. If you look at the indentation on the lever, it's currently pointed toward "reserve" so fuel should be flowing.

Easy double check - pull the lines off and see when the gas comes out.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
When your petcock is "on" the lever is pointing up toward the word "ON". In your photo the lever is pointing to "RES" so it's in the reserve position.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I deleted my previous post because it was wrong. After reading the responses and studying the picture a bit more, this is an aftermarket petcock and the above comments are correct. The OEM Honda petcock is opposite - the ON marker is on the bottom of the plate and the lever handle goes over whichever function you want. The long handle part is in the same position for the same function on both petcocks, though. Left for RES, down for ON, and right for STOP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts