Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an issue with a Honda cd 175 I have had for a while.
It has always ran well, until I put it away for a couple of years.
I have changed the exhausts from silver's as the old ones were rotted through and tried to start it.
The bike runs but very poorly, it does not fire on both cylinders all the time, throttle response is bad and black oil pours out of the exhaust.
I have noticed the oil level rising, and the oil smells like petrol & is very runny, leading me to believe it has been passing past the piston rings.
I have taken the head off & inspected the barrels expecting seized oil control ring but they look brand new, the bores are spotless too.
I don't know why it is exchanging oil/petrol.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Your carbs are overflowing and the gas is pouring into the cylinders. You need to thoroughly clean your carbs.
TOOLS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your carbs are overflowing and the gas is pouring into the cylinders. You need to thoroughly clean your carbs.
TOOLS
Is there any baseline for the float height? Or should I adjust it lower until the bike runs better?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
If it did not overflow like this before you parked it a few years ago the float height must have been good then and I doubt it changed while sitting those few years. I can just imagine how gummed up your carbs could be after sitting a few years.
TOOLS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts