Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been hearing about the Red 450 for years. I just bought one-needs a lot of work but mostly there. Does anyone know the red paint color or a paint with a matching code? What about the color and matching paint for the silver on the fenders and side covers? thanks Jim

My son was able to upload some pictures for me.

This was purchased outside of Buffalo NY. Had been sitting since '79. Got it from the second owner who purchased it from the first owner in '69. The second owner said it had never been painted and was red when he bought it.

In the barn
IMG_2045.jpg

Front fender is wrong, fork covers were cut. This is after soda blasting the engine.
20181220_155010.jpg
20181220_155212.jpg
20181220_155218.jpg

Close ups
20181220_162705.jpg
20181220_155251.jpg
20181220_155246.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
It takes a lot of nerve to talk about buying something almost as rare as a ghost and not showing any proof of it... :lol: :lol: as we say around here, "no pictures of the Red Dragon, it didn't happen"

and that Sasquatch thing too... :D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I just looked up, "no pics or it didn't happen" on youtube. I then watched the first video that came up, i may vomit (no pics I promise), you may vomit too (please no pics). watch at your own risk, warning millennial content mixed with hipster content and app-developer type people content. I'm still shudderingwhile I head to the fridge for a cold one. ouch my eyes and ears....

I'll pollute this pic-free post in the spirit of more pics of this so-called bike.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Probably smart to head for that fridge at this point. Looking for a Red Dragon tomorrow...

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Red Dragon and Big Foot

Thanks for the great response-although I still do not have paint colors. After 55+ years of riding motorcycles and at least 10 Hondas I found a Red Dragon in the North woods-North West NY that is,near Canada. Pictures to come(as soon as I get help). I at first doubted it was a true Red Dragon but I have had two knowledgeable guys say it is. It needs a lot of work and I am going to need your help...….I know after I send pictures. thanks Jim

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I just looked up, "no pics or it didn't happen" on youtube
I really can't believe what I just watched, but in truth, it's more like "I really can't believe what I just watched is actually true in some cases"

Wow. If it weren't 9:45 AM EDT, I probably would go to the fridge for a beer... and the cabinet for a shot too

·
Registered
581 Posts
The paint should be the same as the Honda red for the CB77 of the same year. That one is Dupont Imron 6543UM. You should be able to get that matched to another brand.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
We're supposed to use our imaginations!

How many times have they told us that one!:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts