Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the electrical section but I thought I would try here. Do later years fit? I have seen a few 1970 and 1974 used ones on ebay-will they fit. My wiring is shot on this 1966 CB450. thanks Jim

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I can't speak for the fit on a Bomber ('65/'66/'67) as I've never owned one and only worked on the bottom end of one with my drag bike decades ago (and it didn't use the alternator), but I know all the later stators are the same. I believe a newer model would fit but I can't be sure. did you go to cmsnl.com and look up a 4 speed version and the 5 speed version to compare part numbers? That should tell the story

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip on that site-a new one for me. It looks like the part number changed in the 1968 model-not sure what changed except the connection to the main wiring harness is different. From what I know the K0s have male and female connections to the main harness-with a rubber cover. I would like to use a 1968-up stator with better wiring. Any reason not to if I change the wiring connection to the main harness? Jim

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have heard / read a lot of different ones will fit (350 upgrade). But the timing marks on the stator and rotor will NOT be the same. I had thought about upgrading to a "better" system, figured I would dial it in like "degreeing in a cam" and make my own marks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts