Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,

I'm new to the forum so firstly I wanted to say hi!

I moved to Hong Kong from the UK about two years ago and I've been meaning to buy a bike to custom slightly! Last week I bought a Honda CB400SFV 2001 and I'm looking at changing the tank and seat, I like a scrambler look and as I live in Lantau (an island just off Hong Kong) this type of bike would be perfect. Any suggestions? Could I fit an older CB400 '75 tank or a CB500 '85 tank, what would the issues be? what this would work? what would be involved? I really like this type of tank?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Not sure we'll be of much help since this is a newer model and looks like never delivered to the US. It does appear in the UK so maybe. First is I find a listing on CMSNL for a 2001 NC39 model that sounds like it's yours. There are also references on other sites calling it an NC42. This is the picture of the NC39 frame. We'll need measurements of the frame and tank area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure we'll be of much help since this is a newer model and looks like never delivered to the US. It does appear in the UK so maybe. First is I find a listing on CMSNL for a 2001 NC39 model that sounds like it's yours. There are also references on other sites calling it an NC42. This is the picture of the NC39 frame. We'll need measurements of the frame and tank area.
Thanks for your reply longdistancerider

Yes, I beleive this model was only deliveried to Asia, and your correct the model is a NC39. Next week I'll measure the tank and frame area, and repost. Thanks

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
That frame sure looks like the backbone isn't much wider than the frame neck. That COULD mean just about any tank will fit. I look forward to seeing some measurements.

Welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts