Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I just noticed a tube that was detached somewhere on my bike. Does anyone know where this goes? I don't know if I was riding on it for a while, or if it recently detached, but kinda made me think if I just spilled crap and left a trail while riding in the city everywhere. Haha.

Auto part Engine Fuel line Transmission part Automotive engine part

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
If the other end is connected to the bottom of the carburetor as it appears to be, it's just an overflow hose and that's why it isn't connected to anything else. it's there to drain overflow fuel away from the engine and down to the road under the bike in the event the carb bowl floods (it's supposed to be routed down into the frame behind the engine toward the ground)

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Appears to be connected to the bottom of the carb bowl in which case it's the carburetor overflow drain tube (should be one on each carb). They typically exit behind the engine, ahead of the rear wheel, possibly just ahead of the swingarm pivot.

One of the 360 guys will likely be along with more specifics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. I think I just exposed how much of a 'newb' I am at this.

Appreciate the advice!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Appears to be connected to the bottom of the carb bowl in which case it's the carburetor overflow drain tube (should be one on each carb). They typically exit behind the engine, ahead of the rear wheel, possibly just ahead of the swingarm pivot.

One of the 360 guys will likely be along with more specifics.
Sniper! :lol:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yep, you nailed it. That's the fuel overflow - I usually stick mine back through one of the slots in between the swingarm legs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts