Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking about making a bum-stop seat on the side for swapping in and out with my comfy cushion seat. I would like to use a seat pan (just the metal plate with the spring-prong appendage to attach to the frame) as a base for the fiberglass cafe "seat". This is for a CB360t (1975 or 1976) but if there are model swaps thats cool too!

Mark

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Mark There should be a three digit code (usually painted in yellow) on the bottom of your seat...... Post that and I'll look through my pile of old seats.... My memory says it's 354, but want to be sure......Steve

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
66Sprint said:
Mark There should be a three digit code (usually painted in yellow) on the bottom of your seat...... Post that and I'll look through my pile of old seats.... My memory says it's 354, but want to be sure......Steve
Will do Steve, I hope its still legible :lol: Don't worry pretty soon I will be posting some stuff "for sale" rather than "wanted" ;)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3.2107 is what is printed on the bottom side of the pan. Does that sound right?

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Nope...I'll see if I can find an "obvious" 360 seat and get back to you.... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
66Sprint said:
Nope...I'll see if I can find an "obvious" 360 seat and get back to you.... Steve
Thanks Steve! I am looking for anything that would fit that hinge and frame locking mechanism on a 360, the rest can be machined to fit. I am looking to either bolt a fiberglass racing seat to this pan or secure it with some heavy duty velcro. I will probably hit up my local upholstery hook up for a simple butt cushion.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm.. any luck Steve? I am not 100% sure on this but maybe a 350 or 400 might fit?

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
The 360 three digit code is 369... I found only one seat and it is near mint condition... I'd hate to destroy it just for a pan..... I'll keep looking!... Steve

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
krukster86 said:
66Sprint said:
Thanks Steve! I am looking for anything that would fit that hinge and frame locking mechanism on a 360, the rest can be machined to fit. I am looking to either bolt a fiberglass racing seat to this pan or secure it with some heavy duty velcro. I will probably hit up my local upholstery hook up for a simple butt cushion.
I really don't think you can bolt a fiberglass seat to the Honda 360 seat base, its much wider than any of the fiberglass seats I've seen. The only one I have at present needs the frame hinges and seat lock removed as well.
Have you checked at any sites (glass from the past etc) for various sizes?
PJ

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crazypj said:
I really don't think you can bolt a fiberglass seat to the Honda 360 seat base, its much wider than any of the fiberglass seats I've seen. The only one I have at present needs the frame hinges and seat lock removed as well.
Have you checked at any sites (glass from the past etc) for various sizes?
PJ
Last week I decided to skip out on the fiberglass. I want to try bolting on 1/2 of a gas tank to the seat pan and doing this all on the cheap.

Steve, I totally understand about the nice cb360 seat, destroying anything that nice would be heartbreaking!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have a honda CB/CL 350 seat pan in my garage i would part with.

let me know the rough sizes and we can see how close it would be?

it's hinged on the shifter side.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JeyLux said:
I have a honda CB/CL 350 seat pan in my garage i would part with.

let me know the rough sizes and we can see how close it would be?

it's hinged on the shifter side.
PM Sent!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

here are dims
*Dang I forgot, the ends are 8" wide

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE:
I found a seller in Canada that will ship me the seat pan for a '75 CB360 for a very reasonable price. I think I will go for his. Thanks to everyone that has taken the time out to help me out here! :)

Now my search is reduced to a crappy 'ol CB360/350 tank

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Mark.... Don't be surprised if you're jealous when you see how easily I'm making a glass seat (and how nice it comes out!) :eek: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha I probably will be! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts