Honda Twins banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,002 Posts
No worries on posting the car pics, many of us have owned a classic muscle car... very nice work you've done on those. I once had a '69 GTX, factory 440 with a bumpy cam someone had put in it before I got it a bit tired with only 43,000 miles on it as it had spent its share of time at the drag strip... but it was still a lot of fun (but it never looked at all as nice as any of yours). And yes, you are correct about HT being the friendliest site on the internet

·
Registered
583 Posts
Very nice, superbirds are wild.
Fell in love with a late 60s barracuda from the back window of a school bus as a boy (late 90s). Something about American muscle of a certain period.

Cars are a whole different ball game, bikes much more manageable. Thanks for sharing.

You meet the nicest folks on a Honda forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I love things from my past. And cars and motorcycles as well as memorabilia is where I live. I am 64 and this is not my world any more. It is OK for the young crowd because it is what they will remember. My wife and I turned our shop into a time machine. Then built a room off the shop full of things that make us smile. A 1963 Jukebox , a 1974 pinball machine , a pool table , a foose ball table and lots of things from times past. And I live right next to Sturgis. And Harleys rule. But when I was young we didn't have them. We had Honda's. I do have a passion for the 175's , 305's and 350's. And I always say on my car web sites if ANYONE comes up this way (we are 9 miles from Mt. Rushmore) and Custer State Park. We invite ANYONE to come out to the house. I have burgers and cold beverage's. I love to meet folks with the same passion I have.

·
Super Moderator
11,002 Posts
That's one helluva invitation... doubt I'll ever get that far north, but I certainly can't disagree with your interests and from the looks of your garage, it would be a pleasure to wander through it and enjoy all that you have there. And a cold beverage or two as well... (y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I do mean it. I have met a few people from different sites . Our beloved Black Hills are a vacation paradise for families. So much to do and see here. And centrally located in the US. Anyway thank you all for the compliments on my stuff. It is all just for fun and really nothing more than that. I look forward to being a member on your site.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well I scored the needed parts and I am happy to say the Honda-Davidson Piglet LIVES! I got it to fire up today. Still trying to dial it in but it runs. Having trouble getting the points just right. It is hard to tell when the lobe is at its highest point. Also timing is off I think but I am working on it. It is dripping oil out of where the shifter shaft goes in the case also. Just a small drip but I will have to do something there. Don't know what it takes to remove the cover where the clutch cable goes in. Have to find it in the manual. But very happy with getting it to fire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just an update to project Piglet. I finished everything in time for the Counts of cobblestone show in Rapid City. We took third place in custom bikes. I wasn't expecting to really place just wanted to see what the public thought. I got mixed opinions for sure. Some thought it was an abortion some just laughed and some liked it. The hard core Harley people hated it. They just don't understand what a custom is I guess. If it had a Harley motor then it is just a Harley. If it had a Honda frame then just a Honda. But like street rods , rat rods , and custom cars you have to step out of the box for it to really be custom. Either way I really like what it became and I guess the judges thought so also. I cant wait till summer ad try another show and see how it does. I still have some work to do it isn't tuned right. It likes to back fire and I cant seem to get the points and timing right.

20200223_135948.jpg

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Back when I was a Bodyman in a previous life, I restored a Superbird. Blocked sanded on that thing for months. Also, did an LS6 (I think it was) Chevelle for the same guy. I love muscle cars, but that FORD F 150 is the one I am interested in. Tell us about it.
TOOLS

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
1979 F150 4x4 short wheel base step side. All custom top to bottom front to back. 1991 302 cobra EFI auto. 6 inch suspension lift 3 inch body lift. 39 inch super swampers. T top style sun roof. Custom interior 1000 watt stereo. Box has the corner's bobbed off. I built this because my wife wanted it. Poor ole truck hasn't moved in 3 years. I am going to drain and refuel it this spring. And then not sure of its fate. lol takes up a lot room in my shop.

I was thinking about changing the engine to a ford diesel engine for fun. But I have many more projects that need to be done.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts