Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I bought a Honda cb250 1993 nighthawk after he spent six months without use and now has the problem of flooding carburetor, when the motorcycle on the side Jack is turned off, and sometimes when he stops he also turns off.
First'd love to know if the carburetor cleaning can help solve the problem or do I have to replace parts.
Secondly if the honda cmx rebel 250 carburetor or other (Universal););):( suitable as well?
Thank to assistants

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
First off welcome to the group.

If you do find another carb that fits it won't necessarily work without modification. Unless there's physical damage you're probably better off fixing what you have. Others more familiar with your bike may have better ideas.

Your symptoms could be caused by a malfunctioning float or float valve. If you remove your carb and clean it you may be able to resolve this. If you're going to clean the carb I recommend getting the gasket set part # 16010-KEN-620 and the float valve part #16155-397-971 from your Honda dealer. They'll cost a bit more but they work.

It's important that you close the petcock under the fuel tank whenever you park the bike. Fuel leaking past the float valve can get into the cylinders, leak down into the crankcase, and contaminate the oil. If there's a chance this has happened you need to drain and replace the oil and replace filter before you start the engine again.

We'd appreciate some pictures of your bike and it might help us to help you if we know where you are located.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes, pictures would be good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd like to revive this thread... I bought a 1997 CMX 250C and it will not idle without the choke on slightly. But with the choke on slightly, the throttle is not very responsive. I've pulled and cleaned the carb twice (Heikin VE35A) but it still does the same thing and the air/fuel mix screw does nothing. I don't want to spend $40 on a rebuild kit to not have it work but a new carb is $300. Anyone find a replacement that fits that isn't so expensive?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'd like to revive this thread... I bought a 1997 CMX 250C and it will not idle without the choke on slightly. But with the choke on slightly, the throttle is not very responsive. I've pulled and cleaned the carb twice (Heikin VE35A) but it still does the same thing and the air/fuel mix screw does nothing. I don't want to spend $40 on a rebuild kit to not have it work but a new carb is $300. Anyone find a replacement that fits that isn't so expensive?
This is what you need to do first
Critical - READ BEFORE YOUR FIRST POST

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
We've got plenty of info to share but we like to know who we're talking with. An intro with a little about you and your level of experience will help us to give advice most appropriate to your situation.

Reviving old threads is not the way to go either, after your intro start your own thread in the appropriate section and give it a good title.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, I realize that now. I posted an intro and started a separate thread where I think it applied... If not, I can move it. Thanks

Reactions: Alan F.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts