Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Ive recently bought a 1978 Honda CB200. Since buying it I have restored the tank, refurbed both carbs with a refurb kit and new floats, air screw set at 1 and 1/4 out from seated. Set the float hieght to 21mm, checked the Tappets, and the ignition timing with a test lamp.

Bike now starts up on the button however I can't get it to idle and have to blip the throttle to keep it going.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Best Regards

Stewart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Spino

I unscrewed the top of the carbs and left the needle attachment and top in once piece then took the carbs off and cleaned them, set the float height, set the air screw and then put them back on. Checked the sliders looked level when back on the bike then fired it up.

What does a bench - sync involve ?

Best Regards

Stewart

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry I assumed your carbs were more directly linked than they are. Just did a Google search and I am not totally sure where you’d begin with the sync. Perhaps someone here can provide a FSM with instructions. Basically you need the twin carbs in sync — providing and equal air/fuel mix to both cylinders simultaneously.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, my limited knowledge and experience with my SL350 would be to raise the carby needles a notch. Pretty easy to try. Regards Lionel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts