Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been trying to tune up my cb160, but there is still a rattle noise from the engine in idle, and in gear, but the engine noise seems to drown it out at revs. See the video here:
I turned the dynamo rotor to the inside T mark line (the line on the rotor edge over the T, not the line next to the T), set the valve clearance as best I could using the feeler gauge, rotated 360 degrees and did the same to the other side pistons. I turned it a couple times to check the gaps, and it seemed to be just enough to get the feller gauge through with a little resistance.
I loosened the tensioner screw and tightened it back up. Incidentally, I discovered that the screw was replaced with a non-stock part and was the cause of a little bit of oil leaking from the cam tensioner screw hole.
The bike runs a lot smoother and seems more quiet, maybe that's why I am noticing this rattle now more than before? Does this sound familiar to any CB160 riders out there?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Its been a while, but isn't there supposed to be a lock nut on that bolt? I hear something that doesn't seem right. Are the threads stripped? As for the oil, isn't there an o-ring on that bolt also?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you are right about the cam adjuster bolt, should have a lock nut and o ring so it doesn't leak. I ordered a new bolt, I have a nut that fits the old one and I suppose i'll just use a rubber gasket to seal behind the lock nut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts