Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct jetting spec for a cb 360 thats not using the stock air box??

Im having trouble my bike is running way to lean. as soon as i start my bike it jumps immediately to high idle any suggestions?

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Specs are for the stock set-up.... If you make changes, you'll have to experiment to find what works with yours....Several other members have removed the stock boxes....Perhaps reading their project logs will give you some insights....
That sounds more like an air leak problem to me.....

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
What brand/type air cleaners are you running? (Uni's, K&N's, etc)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sounds more like a linkage issue more than a jetting issue.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Yes, That was a consideration of mine too....Perhaps the idle screw is just set too high, or the linkage is binding up..... But I can't imagine he wouldn't have checked that and for cable slack first......

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes, yes it is. Good luck sir. :shock:

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
NO IT IS NOT!..... That (under the points) would be the advance unit.....
The linkage is that square aluminum bar (and associated bits) that connects the carbs together and with the cable wheel......
Dirtbag was (I hope) just being facetious, and probably didn't realize just how inexperienced/unfamiliar you are with these systems and nomenclature......Feel free to call me with your questions......

BAD Dirtbag!...Bad!... Bad!..... :x

·
Registered
703 Posts
I was being a dick. That was back then, this is now. Thel linkage on your carb that the cable actuates to open the throttle.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good you guys make me feel so good about my self :oops: :? :cry: :lol: lol
The linkage. Yes i was messing with this last night. I had realized that the butterfly side of my carbs wasnt closing all the way so i adjusted that flat head screw with the spring in between it aka (the linkage) i got the butterflys to close, i did a test run on them and still the same thing high high rpms. i bought a can of carb cleaner, and i will be taking my carbs off later tonight. i will post pictures so you guys can see if i am putting anything together wrong.
can my linkage spring be worn? can i replace it with a stronger one? i did notice that if i didnt open the throttle all the way and let it slap down it wouldnt close the butterflies all the way!
Thanks.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Yes, In Virginia (three hours ahead of you).....After your latest comment, I believe you have the cables too tight ..There should be a smidge of slack in both cables with the throttle closed..... Call my cell 540-525-5199 so I can shut down the computer to get the "real" phone call........ (I'm on dial-up)....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[attachment=0:kasokyyu]2010-12-01 13.47.36.jpg[/attachment:kasokyyu]
Hey sprint does this look right. i cant figure out if the washer goes on the outer side of the linkage or on the inside???
i have it wedged between the spring and the link if you look closely

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
ariel.714 o/c said:
[attachment=0:w23qqvg1]2010-12-01 13.47.36.jpg[/attachment:w23qqvg1]
Hey sprint does this look right. i cant figure out if the washer goes on the outer side of the linkage or on the inside???
1.) Please download this manual http://www.phoenixmwd.com/cb360.zip

2.) Read

3.) Profit

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dirtbag said:
ariel.714 o/c said:
[attachment=0:h7quxxek]2010-12-01 13.47.36.jpg[/attachment:h7quxxek]
1.) Please download this manual http://www.phoenixmwd.com/cb360.zip

2.) Read

3.) Profit
i own manual. says nothing about the linkage!!!!! Parts fiche is way to small to see this part.
Do me a favor pull your carbs and have a look for me snap a pic . foward me your thread build i remember you doing some carb stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts
I tried to snap a pic but there's too much crap in the way. I'd say the washer goes underneath the bolt at the top. It doesnt belong on spring. The only time you use a washer on a spring is usually for pre-load.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I have my carbs off. I will snap a pic and take a close look. Give me a few minutes.

EDIT. It is tough to see. It looks like there is a washer on both sides of the bracket. On picture 4713 from the top down, it is:
screw head
washer
bracket
larger washer
spring
bracket
nut
threaded screw end

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes two washers. so i guess one goes on the top of the spring and the second goes on top of the screw, thats what it looks like. Thanks for the pics. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts