Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have one probably simple question for someone here.

I am not electrician but i know how to replace cables and connectors and so on...

Question: I would like to replace few damaged cables on CB 360 wiring harness and i am not sure what kind of cables i should use? Ive seen cables with different Amp like 5,8, 17 etc...

CB 360 wiring harness is made from quite thin cables and maybe i will be able to use something like 8 Amp? Im sorry but i have no idea what cable to choose in order not to burn something on my bike.

Probably is stupid question but if anyone know please let me know.

Thank you very much

below is wiring harness that i am talking about (pic is from internet)
CB360 Wiring Loom.jpg

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wires are generally sized in gauges - most of the wires you see on the bike are 16 gauge, that’s the stuff that runs in the harness. You can use 12 or 14 gauge for the heavier duty stuff (headlight, ignition) if you want, but there’s no real need. The battery ground strap is 10 gaufe, if I remember correctly. Also, get a kit and the crimpers from Vintage Connections, they’re reproductions of the bullet connectors you have on there already and work beautifully (Vintage Connections - Motorcycle Terminals and Connectors - Vintage Connections). You’ll find them highly reviewed on HT.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^+1 on Vintage Connections - and they have nice PVC sleeving to make the wiring look good too as well as harness end covers. everything I've bought from them has been quality stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts