Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I need some feedback on this. I have the possibility to acquire a LOT of parts which are not readily available anymore. However, I need input as to what I should be taking a look at. I know that cam chain tensioners/rollers are one important item which is severely needed. Pistons, bearings, crankshafts, and valves are just some other examples. Exhaust parts, fuel tanks, plastics, etc. are just a few of the items that I probably can NOT get, it's going to be mainly hard parts for the engine, crankcase, and other mechanical parts.
It will be a long process, but it's possible, and I could probably put a lot of these items back in stock. One other item I should address here is the price. I know how much I paid for some of my parts directly through Honda which were still in stock. I'm hoping to get these for at least half of what Honda wants for them, so it should be beneficial to us all.
Please note that should this go through, within the next few months I may need samples of the items we're discussing here.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Sounds good, but be sure you have my correct address BEFORE delivering everything to my house please... ;)

You should probably get any items that wear out quickly or were a problematic item on these old bikes.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! I appreciate the reply and the input. I was hoping to get a few more "specific" responses here. I'd like to hear from Steve and Bill for sure.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
What are you wanting to know specifically? :|

It's not too hard to guess what parts you wanna get your hands on. 450 cam followers. That's it. Then mail them to me.

Seriously though, anything that's NLA through Honda, cam and valve train parts, engine bearings of all varieties, as long as it's NOS AND HONDA then it'll be in demand. No matter if it's for 350/450/750, etc... Someone will want it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Headlights always seem to be tough to get.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly what I am in the need of, specific information. Cam followers for this model, these years. Cam chain tensioners for this model, these years. Internal bearings for this location, this model, these years. The more specific, the better I can negotiate.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Nathan.... Add ANY year "pinch-type" 450 and CB,CL, and CJ360 top trees (bridge)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Also, any CB/CL450 cam chain rollers, and tensioners..

I'd take a NOS 450 tensioner with new wheel right now if the price was right/reasonable. Same with the NOS cam followers. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do any of you have pricing examples for these items? Such as if you were to find one now, but didn't buy it because the price was too high. Or, if I had access to these new, what fair pricing would be?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Yep, CB450 rockers go for no more than $25, rollers $15, as for CB360 cam guides throw them out the door for a quick sale at $35 :!:
The rest of the old Honda stuff is just scrap :!: dump it.

OR

You could let the market decide ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I should probably get a cam chain tensioner assembly since my 360 never got the recall (or didn't get marked for it, if it did). But I don't know what they go for.

If you do get ahold of some, let me know what you want for one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts