Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Looks good though I kinda wish you hadn't chopped the rear fender off like that. These bikes are getting rare and parts don't come easily.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rear fender is welded to main frame..... it can be replaced if a suitable NOS piece is available and a good panel beater/welder is on hand
this one was stressed cracked on one side due to bent fender.... so a perfect donor for this project
PCS Daytona

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the sentiment Lefty & 76Twin put forth, this donor was chosen exactly because the rear fender couldn't be saved economically
unlike the 5 or 6 previous CA95 or CA160 builds we have done ( one in work now, shown below)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Well, I will say that my Dad once did that on a '64 CA72 - well before the term bobber meant anything more than a float used for fishing. The bikes were pretty much current at the time and certainly not endangered models like today... but it was my Dad's rules and choices back then, I was just a helper and learning the trade at age 14. Didn't turn out too bad but then, my Dad could do great body work and paint too

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Classic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts