Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I've been a bit mean with the pics on this one but its well underway. Regards Chris.

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
...a man of few words & pic's, but of many bikes.

Where are you located.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
ooohh!! I will be subscribing to this station... :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bomber project 6 done.1st project CB72 done.2nd project CB72 starting,nice to be in a mess again but this one will have the correct exhausts and seat trim!!Will try and put a few more pics up as I go along this time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Are they CB360 mufflers???

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they are CB250G but I've had them that long I'm not 100% sure.Regards Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seat now finished bar for the honda logo on rear.Have painted old chrome strip till I find a good chrome one.Pipes in rear are Guzzi which one year I'll get around to putting on ebay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to let everyone know another bomber project 6 is now MOT'd and on the road.The engine had only done about 3000 miles before I started renovation and upon its first 20 mile ride it was quite poorly.So there may be one or two things here for others to check. All this work was done in one night as I was so annoyed it didn't run right so upon return from first outing these are the things I did in no particular order:-
Fit new plugs,Ajust valve clearances,exchange points, timing checked,condensor changed, battery not charging right fitted another generator(found bare wires),battery not charging right fitted solid state rectifier (Throw that orange thing away its probably the best £5.00 you will ever spend) including changing wires to spadesetc,manufactured heat sink to suit, -perfect,replace starter clutch rollers springs &,adjust throttle cables at rear, exchange carb inlet rubber gaskets,checked both carbs opening together,ajust tickover and air screws etc oh and just in case replaced condensor.Put everything back together air filters etc.and fetch jacket & helmet.
One particular thing on bombers is to pay careful attention to the adjustment of the two rear throttle cable wires-if you dont take the slack up on the rear cables you may even think both pilot jets are blocked.Also leave a bit of play in the front adjustment or your'r revs won't die down right.
11pm -All I can say is WOW what a difference all that made-- didn't want to come home. :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts